#1 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 27 srpen 2006 - 21:44

Hello all,

I need some help to find a cache in Broumov. I did not contact the ower of the cache jet, but I hope some can help me. I try too search and find the cache Hrbitovni kostel P.Marie (GCXPVX). But the questions I need to answer are only in Czech. Can some give me a Englisch or german translation? It is not sure that with a translation I can solve the quest......... but I will give it a try.

The questions are:
A= cena v tolarech dvou korcu žita pri velké drahote roku 1552
B= cena v tolarech jednoho korce žita + cena v tolarech jednoho korce ovsa v témže roce
C= údaj v kolik hodin vecer znicil 10. dubna 1757 požár celé mesto a klášter s farním kostelem
D= cena v tolarech jednoho korce žita pri ješte vetší drahote roku 1630
E= (pocet osob utonulých pri velké vode 4. cervence 1755) * 2
F= (cena v šajnech 4 mandelu žitné slámy k 15. cervnu 1812) / 10

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Roel

#2 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 27 srpen 2006 - 22:01

The questions are:
B= cena v tolarech jednoho korce žita + cena v tolarech jednoho korce ovsa v témže roce
C= údaj v kolik hodin vecer znicil 10. dubna 1757 požár celé mesto a klášter s farním kostelem

Well, I think, that there exist good reason not to translate those questions :-). Questions includes some archaistic terms. For example: Price of two (old term for surface measure) at the time of great dearness in the year 1552 in this country. I am not sure, that You will be able to research those data :-).

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 27 srpen 2006 - 22:09

Hello all,

I need some help to find a cache in Broumov. I did not contact the ower of the cache jet, but I hope some can help me. I try too search and find the cache Hrbitovni kostel P.Marie (GCXPVX). But the questions I need to answer are only in Czech. Can some give me a Englisch or german translation? It is not sure that with a translation I can solve the quest......... but I will give it a try.

The questions are:

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Roel

IMO translation isnt everything, because it looks like, you have to find A-F in czech text somwhere in church . Try ask owner directly about it...

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 28 srpen 2006 - 11:35

A= price of 2 "korec" (surface unit) of rye during the price crisis in 1552 (in "tolar" currency)
B= price of 1 "korec" of rye + price of 1 "korec" of oats in the same year (in "tolar" currency)
C= at what hour was the city, the monastery and the parish church destroyed by fire on 04/10/1757?
D= price of 1 "korec" of rye during even worse price crisis in 1630
E= number of persons drowned during high water on 07/04/1755 multiplied by 2
F= price of 4 "mandels" of rye straw on 06/15/1821 divided by 10 (in "sajn" currency)

you will be probably able to make these number out from some display or the guided tour.
However, I recommend contacting the cache owner to give you some clues because you don't speak Czech.

#5 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 28 srpen 2006 - 22:27

Thanks for all the replies. I am on holyday in Czech. On Wednesday we are driving home after 3 weeks in Czech. Tomorrow I will give it a try to solve the questions. If I am not lucky, its on that bad. We had a very good time here. Thanks. Greetings, Roel

#6 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 01 září 2006 - 20:17

Hi All,

Yes I found the cache, thanks to you all!
It was not easy and it took me about two hours. The anwers were on big signs and written in German with those oldfasion characters. There were also small posters with a Czech translation. For question 'B' it looked like the answers in German and the Czech translation are not the same..... With the Czech translation I found the cache on the right location.

Thanks.

Roel

1 uživatel(ů) prochází toto téma

0 uživatelů, 1 návštěvníků 0 anonymních uživatelů

Reklama