Přejít na obsah

Fotka

Going to Czech Republic for christmas...

• Pokud chcete vložit odpověď, přihlašte se
12 odpovědí na toto téma

#1 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 15:52

Hi all,

I'm PnavE_81 from the Netherlands and we plan to go to the Czech Republic during christmas this year. We'll stay in a place called Špindlerův Mlýn. I've never heard of it before, but I've read it is famous for it's skiing and other winteractivities. I'll be there with my wifes family and we'll go skiing for a few days, but I hope to have some time as well to find some caches in the neighbourhood.

As I said, I'm from the Netherlands and as you might know, the country here is very flat..so totally different than the place we are going. I've gone skiing once before: 3 years ago in Slovenia...so I've seen snow-covered mountains, but then I hadn't been introduced to geocaching yet. So I really don't now what to expect. I've read some listings of local caches (mostly after putting them through google translate), but I'm not really sure what is doable for me during winter. 

So do you all have tips and ideas for me to consider when caching in your country and more specific that region?

Are there any must do caches? (or are there any must avoid caches? ;) )

Oh one more thing...I don't like driving a lot, and especially winter conditions in the mountains isn't really a thing I look forward to. So my cache region will be very limited.

thanks in advance...

#2 Zoufalec

Zoufalec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 16:14

Unfortunatelly I cannot help you (as a Prague citizen) with caches but I really appreciate your attitude so just let me to wish you nice stay in our lovely country - I´m sure you will enjoy it!!!

Zoufalec.png

#3 Fukar

Fukar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 19:31

Hi PnavE_81. 
I'll send you a private message. I have Several caches in Spindleruv Mlyn.

Člen týmu URNA - Útvar Rychlého NAlezení.
Lovem postižen na 100%.

#4 Asir95

Asir95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 19:54

Hi,
I sent you email via Geocaching.com profile. I have also several caches in Spindleruv Mlyn :D.

Have a nice day

#5 a1657696

a1657696

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 20:21

@geoFukar @Asir95

Guys, why PM? Are you ashamed of your cache? Other cachers would also be interested.

#6 Fukar

Fukar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 20:28

Do you want to publish here the final coordinates? :D

Člen týmu URNA - Útvar Rychlého NAlezení.
Lovem postižen na 100%.

#7 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 20:35

Hi PnavE_81. 
I'll send you a private message. I have several caches in Spindleruv Mlyn.

I do not have any pm here ...

Do you want to publish here the final Coordinates? :D

I Assume you did not send me final Coordinates ... at Least That was not what I was asking for. But Either way I did not get any PM on this site. 

Hi,
I sent you via email Geocaching.com profile. I Also Have Several caches in Spindleruv Mlyn :D. Have a nice day

yup I got them ... thanks again!

geoFukar @ Asir95

Guys, why PM? Are you ashamed of your cache? Other cachers Would Also be interested.

Seems like a good idea ... (as long as no final Coordinates are posted of course)

I read this topic regulary (sadly it is the only topic I can read without google translate ;)

Tento příspěvek byl upraven od PnavE_81: 13 říjen 2014 - 20:36

#8 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 13 říjen 2014 - 20:41

Hi PnavE_81. 
I'll send you a private message. I have Several caches in Spindleruv Mlyn.

I just got your email now!

asir95 already mentioned those caches you send me as interesting.

If I have trouble with the translation I hope you guys can help me a bit :)

#9 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 19 říjen 2014 - 16:31

Solved all the puzzles you guys mentioned...so that's a good start. Are there any more caches I should try to find around?

#10 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 14 prosinec 2014 - 23:44

only a few days left before we leave...looking forward to visiting the region! Still don't really know what to expect of caching in wintery conditions in the mountains...but I'll find out soon :)

any last minute hints and tips?

#11 Iabbervox

Iabbervox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 15 prosinec 2014 - 0:38

Generally speaking, some caches have the "Seasonal Access" attribute which might mean that they are not available during winter. On the other hand, there is the "Available During Winter" attribute that hints you toward caches that should be accessible. If the cache is on ground level (tree stump, under a rock, etc.) it's often very difficult if not impossible to locate it under a thicker layer of snow. Likewise, if the snow is frozen, you just won't be able to get to the cache without a shovel or even a pickaxe. The normal practice is just letting such caches be and coming in spring :-) Otherwise I don't see much difference between winter caching and caching in the remaining seasons. Terrain might get trickier, of course. Read the listings and the hints, consult the map and I'm sure you will be successful.

Tento příspěvek byl upraven od Iabbervox: 15 prosinec 2014 - 11:18

#12 d-n

d-n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 15 prosinec 2014 - 8:27

There is not much (non-artificial) snow in Krkonoše at the moment and temperatures around zero. All caches should be accessible, some of them may be harder to find though. Take a good hiking boots, possibly hiking sticks and it will be OK.

#13 PnavE_81

PnavE_81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 28 prosinec 2014 - 1:10

On the day we arrived it started to snow...so bad for caching, good for skiing

I had 1 find and 4 DNF's (on 3 different caches)...but had lots of fun. Especially my last DNF is one I will never forget :D

http://coord.info/GLG9YP5D

(dnf on day of arrival, by night)

http://coord.info/GLGA9QAA

(dnf 2 days later on same cache by day...it was found by others in the next days)

http://coord.info/GLGA9QW4

(again a dnf...was found the night before also in snow)

http://coord.info/GLGA9RYD

(found with a lot of help)

http://coord.info/GLGAT7F4

(very memorable DNF for me...remember I'm a guy from a country which highest "mountain" is 321m and that's on the other side of the country...I myself live below sealevel on the flat part of the country)

Tento příspěvek byl upraven od PnavE_81: 28 prosinec 2014 - 1:18

0 uživatel(ů) prochází toto téma

0 uživatelů, 0 návštěvníků 0 anonymních uživatelů

Reklama